Not only does freeze-dried fruit pack a punch in terms of flavour and texture, it's also great to chomp on whilst on-the-go. Here are some benefits of freeze-dried fruit and why it's taking the snack world by storm!
The Benefits of Freeze-Dried Fruit
- Freeze-dried fruit retains the original vitamins, nutrients and natural enzymes far better than other forms of drying or preservation;
- Due to the removal of water in the dehydration process, freeze-dried fruit is more concentrated in vitamins, nutrients and all the good stuff;
- Has a longer and more stable shelf life than fresh fruit;
- Easily combined with other food; can be added to cereals, porridges, puddings, desserts and also used in baking;
- Light and crisp texture, which make them a hit with kids;
- Colour, aroma and original shape of the fruit maintained – where else can you find whole mangosteens in a snack pack?
- Great for travelling and very portable, since it's lightweight;
- Perfect for plant-based diets;
- Satisfies your sweet tooth but is an all-natural, healthy snack.
There are so many benefits of freeze-dried fruit; it's nutritious, great for snacking on-the-go, and can be easily added into a plethora of delicious recipes, from smoothies to cookies.
How do you like yours? Send us a snap via our social media channels!