👩🍳 Chef Marni Xuto @easy.thaifood is back with a special recipe that she’s developed just for us Kooky Munchsters 🐯
This wonderful curry, which incorporates our delicious freeze dried mangosteen, is bound to be a crowd pleaser, with a masterful marriage of sweet and spicy flavours 🌶
Check out the recipe below, have a go and tag us in your creations!⚡️
🔥 Prawns and Mangosteen Curry 🔥
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-18 minutes
150g Raw king prawns - peeled
36g Kooky Freeze Dried Mangosteen
10g Kaffir lime leaf
3g Basil leaf
400ml Thai or Organic coconut milk
100ml Vegetable oil
50ml Hot water
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 tsp Honey or coconut palm sugar
1/2 tsp Fish sauce
1) Soak the freeze dried Mangosteen in the hot water for approx 10min. Drain and set aside.
2) Gently fry Thai red curry paste and vegetable oil in a medium sauce pan, over medium to low heat until infused.
3) Pour the coconut milk, stir, bring it to boil and simmer for approx 8 minutes.
4) Add Kooky Freeze Dried Mangosteen, kaffir lime leaves, honey and fish sauce, simmer further for approx 5 min.
5) Add the prawns, basil and simmer until the prawns cooked.
6) Transfer this velvety curry to a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves. Serve immediately with Thai Jasmine rice.
7) ENJOY! 😋