When mega-talented recipe creator and photographer, Anton @wholesomelivity, kindly offered to whip up a recipe using our Kooky fruit, we obviously agreed with eager anticipation! 💥
Anton’s wonderful creations are sumptuously indulgent, completely plant-based and includes many healthy elements. The icing on the cake? They are all beautifully showcased by his incandescent photography 📸
He produced these delicious Beetroot Dragon Fruit Brownies using our gently dried Dragon Fruit, not only as a decoration, but also to add a hint of ruby-hued brightness and an intense flavour to the brownies 🤤❤️🔥
Not only are they a treat for one's sweet tooth, they are also reassuringly healthy - with dragon fruit, beetroot and date syrup as the main sources of sugar. Nothing refined, nothing artificial, only wholesome deliciousness!
Check out the recipe and tag us!
6 cooked and peeled beets (boil or bake yourself for better result)
1 cup oat flour
½ cup vegan butter, unsalted
60g Peruvian 72% Cacao Chocolate
⅔ cup date syrup
2 flax seed “eggs”
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp bicarbonated soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp himalayan salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup flour
⅓ cup cacao powder
¼ tsp baking powder
1x Pack of Kooky Gently Dried Dragon Fruit
1. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and vegan butter. Mix well then remove from heat and set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix flax seed “eggs” then add the molasses and date syrup. Mix again and then add beetroot, himalayan salt, half a pack of cut up Dragon Fruit, vanilla extract.
3. Give it another mix and then add the cooled chocolate mixture into the bowl.
4. Sprinkle in the baking powder, flour, and cacao powder. Mix until just combined.
5. Pour batter into an 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 180° for 20 minutes. Remove and cool for about 40 minutes.
7. Decorate with dragonfruit by making a thin cut with a knife to insert a piece of fruit in each slice.
8. ENJOY!! 🔥