Chef Marni Xuto is back in the Kooky kitchen and getting into the spirit of the Great British Bake Off! This month, she has whipped up a banana & jackfruit loaf - a delightful recipe that is high in protein, full on flavour and with absolutely no added sugar! 👩🍳
Sure to be a crowd pleaser and a hit with the kids, this is one that you’ll want to try.. just in time for Thanksgiving supper too 🍁🧡
Banana & Jackfruit Loaf with Dragon Fruit Sauce (no added sugar!) 💫
Ingredients for Loaf 🍞:
125g Self-raising flour
50g Unsalted butter - melted
30g Kooky Freeze Dried Jackfruit (steep in hot water until soft, then slice)
2tsp Vanilla essence
1/2tsp Baking powder
2 Ripe bananas - mashed
Ingredients for Dragon Fruit sauce (optional):
20g Kooky Gently Dried Dragon Fruit
80-100g Icing sugar
70ml Hot water
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 450g loaf tin with baking parchment.
2) Put the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a medium size bowl, mix with a wooden spoon. This is your dry mixture.
3) In the other bowl, whisk the butter, egg, banana, vanilla essence, softened jackfruit and milk until wet mixture combined.
4) Pour wet mixture into dry
5) Mix with wooden spoon until combined. Pour the mixture into prepared tin and bake for 30-40min or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6) Remove from oven, allow to cool in tin for 10min then remove from tin and place on baking rack
Method for Dragon Fruit sauce (optional):
1) Steep Kooky gently dried dragon fruit in hot water until soft (approx 8min)
2) Blend the soaked dragon fruit and water until a smoothie-like consistency is achieved
3) While the mixture is still warm, gradually add icing sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves
4) Add lemon juice and stir
5) Slice the loaf and serve with sauce on the side